Insufficient cooling, AC not turning on, uneven cooling or hot spots, or strange noises? If your AC system is acting up this summer, call Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating.
As the summer heat sets in, ensuring your air conditioning system is in top-notch condition becomes essential for a cool and comfortable home environment. However, AC systems can encounter a range of common issues during the summer months that can disrupt your comfort and compromise the performance of your cooling system.
7 Frequent AC Problems in Summer
At Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating, will walk you through some of the most frequent AC problems encountered in summer and provide valuable insights on how to address them effectively.
- Insufficient Cooling – One of the most common issues experienced in summer is when your AC fails to provide sufficient cooling. Various factors, such as dirty air filters, low refrigerant levels, or a malfunctioning compressor, can cause this. We can help you identify the root cause and offer practical tips to resolve this problem.
- Air Conditioner Not Turning On – Imagine a scorching summer day, and your AC unit refuses to turn on. This can be frustrating and uncomfortable. The possible reasons behind this issue include thermostat malfunctions, power supply problems, or faulty wiring connections.
- Uneven Cooling or Hot Spots – If you’ve noticed that certain areas of your home are cooler than others or experience persistent hot spots, this issue can be attributed to inadequate airflow, problems with ductwork, or blocked vents.
- Strange Noises – Unusual sounds from your AC unit can be unsettling and indicate underlying issues. Noises such as grinding, banging, squealing, or rattling explain what they might signify. We can help you diagnose these noises and recommend actions to resolve the problem.
- AC Unit Continuously Cycling On and Off – A frequently cycling AC unit, also known as short cycling, can lead to increased energy consumption and potentially damage the compressor. Causes behind this issue include dirty air filters, refrigerant leaks, or thermostat malfunctions. Our experts will guide you through troubleshooting and rectifying this problem effectively.
- Water Leaks – Water leakage from your AC unit or around your home can be an alarming sign of a clogged condensate drain line. A blocked drain line can cause water to back up and have potential consequences. Our blog post will include step-by-step instructions on how to clear the clog and prevent further water damage.
- Foul Odors – Unpleasant odors from your AC system can make your home uncomfortable and indicate issues like mold or mildew growth within the unit or ductwork. We’ll help you determine the causes of these odors and provide practical tips for eliminating them and improving indoor air quality.
Summers in the St. Louis metro area can be harsh, but with the proper knowledge and guidance, you can overcome common AC system issues and enjoy a cool and comfortable living space. At Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating, we’re dedicated to ensuring your HVAC systems perform optimally.
24/7 Service Call Now
At Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating, we pride ourselves in being a locally owned and operated HVAC company. With more than 30 years of experience and a master technician and mechanical engineer as our owner, we can replace, repair, and provide maintenance for your business or home’s HVAC system.(314) 471-7625