Indoor Air Quality St. Louis
Call (314) 471-7625 :: We will address your unique requirements, offer cost-effective solutions, and implement proven products to improve the indoor air quality in your home.
Living in and around a major city means living with the threat of air pollution. But did you know that the air inside your home can be even more polluted than the air outside? Poor indoor air quality can be harmful to your family and your home.
Ensuring healthy air quality in your home often requires taking proactive steps. Carpet, pets, bedding, cleaning products, inadequate ventilation, and high humidity levels can all increase some of the pollutants in your home. So how do you determine the problem, and what can you do about it?
With over 30 years of experience in the industry, Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating has comprehensive indoor air quality solutions. We offer a full line of Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) solutions, including air purifiers, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, germicidal UV lights, and ventilation systems.
Indoor Air Quality
Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating is committed to following all COVID-19 safety protocols during our HVAC scheduled visits to keep you, your family, and our technicians safe.
Causes of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Once you understand the underlying issues, it’s easier to take charge of your home’s indoor air quality. In many instances, we innocently bring things into our homes that negatively affect our indoor air quality. In other cases, our habits contribute to the problem. Some of the common causes include:
- Household cleaning supplies – While it’s important to keep your house clean, some of the chemicals in certain cleaning supplies circulate in the air and cause indoor air pollution.
- Cigarette smoke – There are hundreds of chemicals in tobacco products. When emitted into your home, they disrupt your indoor air quality.
- Mold & Mildew – If there is moisture in the air, it’s likely that you have mold or mildew growing somewhere inside your home. The longer these linger in your home, the more spores that are released into the air you breathe.
- Dust Mites & Pollen – These pollutants continuously compromise the air we breathe. Clutter, pets, and other things contribute to these issues.
- Chemicals – Polyurethane, formaldehyde, polybrominated biphenyl, to name a few. Chemicals are in many consumer products that we bring into our homes, such as plastics, electronics, clothing, furniture, carpet, and more.
- Inadequate ventilation – Not having adequate ventilation can increase air pollutant levels by not bringing in enough outdoor air to dilute emissions from indoor sources and not carrying indoor pollutants out of the house.
Symptoms of Poor Indoor Air Quality
Everyone is different; therefore, poor indoor air quality does not affect everyone in the same way. People with asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues, are typically the first to develop symptoms associated with poor IAQ. The symptoms are often manifest gradually and can easily be attributed to other causes.
Some of the signs to look for include:
- Dry skin
- Throat, nose, and eye irritations
- Persistent coughing when at home
- Headache and fatigue
- Dizziness and nausea
How to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality
First, you have to determine the problem and then take decisive action. At Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating, our experienced technicians can take an in-depth analysis of your home. Wherever indoor pollution comes from and whatever the cause is, we can identify it for you. We will address your unique requirements, offer cost-effective solutions, and implement proven products.
Some of the air quality products and services that will improve your comfort and health include:
- Air purifiers
- UV lights
- Air filter systems
Trane Indoor Air Quality Products
The quality of your indoor air is just as important as the temperature. Cleaner air can limit your exposure to certain viruses and asthma and allergy-causing particles. Trane’s best indoor air quality solutions include:
Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner
- Highest efficiency
- Revolutionary technology that supplies your home with cleaner, healthier air
- Removes up to 99.98% of airborne particles
- Asthma & allergy friendly™
- Dry home protection
- Moisturizing air
- When paired with Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner technology, an Envirowise humidifier will not only alleviate the dryness but also give you the most advanced whole-house air filtration system.
QuikBox™ Media Cabinet
- Efficient removal of household dust and allergens
- Sensible and affordable solution for all homes
- Available in a variety of sizes
- Easy to replace
Indoor Air Quality St. Louis
If you are concerned about your indoor air quality, contact Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating today! With over 30 years of experience in the HVAC industry and a master technician and mechanical engineer as our owner, we have comprehensive indoor air quality solutions.
24/7 Service Call Now
At Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating, we pride ourselves in being a locally owned and operated HVAC company. With more than 30 years of experience and a master technician and mechanical engineer as our owner, we can replace, repair, and provide maintenance for your business or home’s HVAC system.