There are several things you can do to lower your heating costs, and we can help! Below are some tips from our pros that can help you this winter.
We rely on our heating system to keep us cozy in the winter. Ideally, we should turn our system on, our home should be at the right temperature, and energy costs should be lower. But for many St. Louis homeowners, it doesn’t work like this. There are cooler parts of the house, warmer parts, and expensive utility bills.
So is there anything you can do to lower your heating costs? Yes, there are several things you can do, and we can help! Below are some tips from our pros that can help you this winter.
How to Lower Your Heating Bill
Assuming that your HVAC system is in good working order, there are several things you can do to lower your heating costs. However, if your system needs maintenance or repairs, these tips may not be enough to solve your issues. If that’s the case, schedule a maintenance visit, and one of our technicians will be glad to take a look at your furnace.
Some of our tips include:
- Use heavy curtains as window insulation
- Leave your windows uncovered on sunny days
- Close the curtains once it’s dark
- Turn your heater down when you’re at work
- Turn heater down when sleeping
- Use a space heater
- Reduce the amount of time you run ventilator fans
- Raise the humidity level in your home
- Eliminate drafty areas – door thresholds, electrical outlets, attic doors, garage doors, etc
- Make sure furniture isn’t blocking an air register
- Seal and insulate your air ducts
- Change your air filters regularly
- Don’t neglect furnace maintenance
These suggestions may drastically reduce your heating bill. If you’re implementing these tips but feel like your bill should still be lower, give us a call.
Preventive furnace maintenance is the best way to prolong the life of your system while keeping your comfort level high and your electricity bills low. Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating is a full-service residential heating and air conditioning company in St. Louis. With over 30 years of experience and a master technician and mechanical engineer as our owner, we can replace, repair, and provide maintenance for your home’s HVAC system.
24/7 Service Call Now
At Thomas Hoffmann Air Conditioning & Heating, we pride ourselves in being a locally owned and operated HVAC company. With more than 30 years of experience and a master technician and mechanical engineer as our owner, we can replace, repair, and provide maintenance for your business or home’s HVAC system.(314) 471-7625